Hello all. Happy to report that we are safe and having a wonderful time in Lisbon. We had tremendous luck with our travel. All of our flights departed on time, and we were totally pampered. We had been nervous about a connection in Heathrow where we only had an hour and 20 min, but when we got off the plane, there was a United Airlines Agent there to greet us and take us to our next gate...she passed us through secret halls, and whisked us into priority security screens lineups. It was amazing! I have no idea what we did to deserve the royal treatment.
We arrived to a sunny beautiful day in Lisbon. Our Penseon is right the HEART of the old quarter...our room, while small, is bright, clean and provides all we need. Best of all we look over a lovely Praca (square with statue) and there is a metro station out front. After a much needed shower, we headed out to explore the area. We are amazed at the tiled roads, mosaic tiled buildings, achitecture, and sculptures. This is an amazing city. We stopped for a lovely cappuncino at an outdoor cafe and tried one of their tradional Portuguese tarts.
We have continued exploring, and tonight we plan (after a siesta) to go for dinner at a Fado club to catch some local entertainment.
We discovered that Monday is Labour Day here...and there will be little to do besides watch the demonstration (signs everywhere). We may try to leave a day early for Lagos to enjoy Labour Day on the beach!!
We have some photos, but I am not sure how to upload them...I will try another day!!
Hugs to you. Hope all is well.
Much love,
Emily and Mike
1 comment:
Hi MIke and Emily,
I am so happy you arrived save.
Emily I believe that special treatment goes with business class you lucky bums.
I am so very jelous, I wish I could be their.
I have been in Lisbon many years a go.
In the centre of the city, all cobble stones, are restaurant, where you can eat phantastic sea food. Fresh everything. they give you a bib to eat with and a plate full of delicious fresh stuff.
A local specialty , a must try.
Enjoy, and I love you both.
Everything well here
Bye love your mom/marion
Post a Comment